CPS - AVIP
The Centre of Peace, Security and Armed Violence Prevention was developed out of a desire to help those suffering from armed violence around the world. Since its inception, we have worked hard to provide support where it's most needed.
The illicit manufacture, transfer, proliferation and circulation of weapons and their excessive accumulation and uncontrolled spread in many regions of the world, have a wide range of humanitarian and socio-economic consequences and pose a serious threat to peace, reconciliation, safety, security, stability and sustainable development at the individual, local, national, regional and international levels.
Every day thousands of people are killed, injured, raped, and forced to flee from their homes as a result of the poorly regulated global arms trade. Conventional weapons facilitate these abuses.
Creating a world where peace and human security prevail
To promote Peace and Security and to Prevent armed violence by:
- Supporting and Promoting government and civil society efforts for strengthening a Culture of Peace
- Integrating peace education in school so that we raise generations of people who learn about human rights, gender equality, non violence, disarmament, sustainable development and traditional peace practices
- Raising awareness among policymakers, the public and the media about the global threat to human rights and human security caused by arms
- Supporting and Promoting government and civil society efforts to prevent arms proliferation and armed violence through policy development, public education and research - advocacy, and experiences and skills sharing
- Promoting sustainable development through actions against armed violence
We're always happy to welcome new partners who would like to dedicate some of their time to preventing armed violence and fostering the culture of peace. If you'd like to lend a hand, please don't hesitate to contact us, new partners organisations are always welcome.